Compost: A Gardener's Best Friend
Date: August 19, 2017
Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Sponsor: UC Master Gardeners of Nevada County
At this fun, interactive workshop, come celebrate compost with us! Our goals are to:
- Inspire participants to maximize use of raw materials found in the yard at home – whether it is from wood chips to pine needles, kitchen waste and lawn trimmings to yard waste and manure.
- Increase creative ways to use mulch, and to improve the cold compost pile;
- Motivate participants to increase hot composting to produce more and higher quality compost;
- Visit a fresh hot compost pile and join the fun in guessing the actual temperature of the hot pile, and
- Make it personal and make it fun!!
Photos top to bottom: Weaving grapevine into wire for compost containment; continuing to make a creative, artistic compost pile; and the completed compost structure. (Master Gardener's at the fair set up day.)