In the midst of the state-wide response to COVID-19 (the coronavirus), the top priority of UC Master Gardeners is for the health and safety of our communities. In compliance with CDC and State mandates, until further notice, Master Gardeners of Nevada County have suspended public workshops, events and activities:
- In- person, public workshops have been canceled until further notice.
- The Tomato Tasting event and Fall Plant Sale have been canceled.
- However, some "live" workshops will be presented via Zoom and recorded for those unable to attend. Watch the website for information.
- The Master Gardeners and Friends radio program will continue air live on KNCO, 830 on the AM dial on Saturdays from 10am to noon. This is a call-in program, so plan a call to speak with a Master Gardener, and ask your home gardening questions during that time. The number to call at the KNCO studio is 530-477-5626.
- The Veterans Memorial Building is closed, therefore so is the Master Gardener office.
- For your garden questions, there is a “Got Questions?” link on this website, where you may ask your question electronically. It also allows photos, so if you have a pesky bug you need help identifying, or a mystery plant, email your question with a photo and one of the Master Gardeners will reply as soon as possible.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram! Questions can be posted on the Facebook or Instagram pages (UCCE Master Gardeners of Nevada County).