Curious Gardener Newsletter
The Curious Gardener is a quarterly newsletter produced by a joint effort between the Placer and Nevada Counties’ Master Gardener programs. The Curious Gardener newsletter has a new look!! Of course, the high-quality UC Master Gardener content still remains! Enjoy the new electronic version of the Curious Gardener newsletter.
To subscribe to electronic delivery, click: http://ucanr.edu/curiousgardener
DOWNLOAD CURRENT OR PAST ISSUE(S) BY CLICKING ON THE LINK(S) BELOW:
- Unusual Vegetables for the Foothills
- Disease Prevention tip
- Movie Creepy Crawlies
- Poison Oak
- Can A Compost Pile Spontaneously Combust?
- Q and A: Characteristics of Drought Tolerant Plants
- Spotlight on Arboretum All-star: Leucophyllum frutescens
- Biofungicides: Do TheyWork? Are They Safe?
- Vegetable Gardening with Less Irrigation
- Insect Trivia
- What is Compost Tea?
- Arboretum All-Star: Iris douglasiana 'Canyon Snow'
- Trees and Drought
- Pruning Ornamental Shrubs & Trees
- Insect Trivia Quiz
- Seed Catalogs - Present & Past
- Arboretum All-Star: Rosmarinus officinalis
- International Year of Soils
- Snails and Slugs
- Placer MG Calendar - ON SALE NOW!
- Unusual Fruit
- Drip Systems
- UC Arboretum All-Star: Oregon Grape
- Soil Microbiology
- Pruning Tomatoes
- CA Native Shrubs for Fall Planting
- Rock Gardening: Artfully Balancing Plants & Rocks
- Insects as Vectors of Plant Disease
- UC Davis Arboretum All Stars
- Summer Blooms: Visiting Gardens in Placer & Nevada Counties
- Preparing Your Soil for Spring Planting!
- Heirloom Vegetables
- Vegetables for Food Preservation
- Orchard Mason Bees
- Much Ado About Mulch
- Gardening in the Winter - try Bareroots!
- Weed Management
- Peach Leaf Curl
- UC Davis Arboretum All-Stars
- Fall Planting Time!
- Quality Home Composting
- When NOT to plant in fall
- Got Compaction? How to Improve Soil Drainage
- Culinary Herbs in the Garden
- Ask a Master Gardener: Summer Care of Fruit Trees
- Master Gardener Fundraising Events
- Tales of Integrated Pest Management
- Secret Garden in Nevada County
- Growing Potatoes
- First Blooms of Winter
- Dormant Spraying for Fruit Trees
- Staking a Newly Planted Tree
- A Children's Garden to Play In
- Nonchemical Codling Moth Control
- Tips for Harvesting Veggies
- Storing Your Harvest
- Western Redbuds